Skip to main content

What happens if my vehicle is involved in an accident or is declared a write-off?

You should notify us and contact your insurance company immediately to commence settlement or transfer to another vehicle.

Please note that your monthly repayments will continue as normal whilst these arrangements are being made. 

If your vehicle is deemed a total loss we will provide your insurer with a settlement figure but we won’t negotiate your insurance settlement with them on your behalf. Your insurance company will pay us directly, but if there is a shortfall, you will need to pay this. If there is a surplus, the insurance company will pay this to you. 

If you have financial shortfall insurance you should check whether this event is covered in your policy documents.