Skip to main content

Can I voluntarily terminate my agreement?

If you have a Conditional Sale or Personal Contract Purchase agreements regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 then you have right to return the vehicle early, but you’ll have to pay at least 50% of the total amount payable under the agreement. 

In addition, you are responsible for paying:
•    any instalments due up to the point you terminate the agreement (including any arrears); and 
•    any excess mileage charge; and 
•    damage charges due

If you have any vehicle related services, then these will be stopped automatically.

If you are a Just Add Fuel ®, Citroen SimplyDrive® or DS SimplyDrive customer then you must contact your insurer to cancel the insurance policy if you want to stop it and stop paying. 

If you have a funded insurance loan, you can’t voluntary terminate this, but you can settle it early.

We encourage you to think carefully before applying this option, it may not be a good option for you if you have still got a lot to pay, you’ve made a large deposit, you haven’t kept the vehicle in good repair or kept to your mileage allowance as there could be charges when you return the car. 

If you’d like to exercise your right to terminate your agreement, you’ll need to let us know in writing. We’ll send you a quote showing your outstanding liability (if applicable) and information on how to proceed. Please note that it is your responsibility to return your vehicle to us.